After the school shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkville, Florida yesterday, there are a lot of people with a lot of things to say.
On Wednesday, 17 students were killed during the deadly shooting by a former student. The massacre was met with plenty of “thoughts and prayers” posts and an outcry from people who didn’t think the government was doing enough about gun control or mental health.
Conservatives: America has a mental health problem, not a gun problem
Me: so you're saying we should allocate more money to fund mental health treatment and help
— Gerrymandering Adams (@NormsRespecter) February 15, 2018
When 17 kids and teachers are murdered at school the GOP does nothing.
When a woman needs an abortion the GOP "cares" about life.
— Ally (@missmayn) February 15, 2018
teachers are already paid so well it makes sense that we should give them a second job as constantly vigilant and gun-trained armed bodyguards
— Dana Schwartz (@DanaSchwartzzz) February 15, 2018
It shouldn’t be surprising that Tomi Lahren, the infamously angry conservative pundit, had something to say about it, too.
Can the Left let the families grieve for even 24 hours before they push their anti-gun and anti-gunowner agenda? My goodness. This isn't about a gun it's about another lunatic. #FloridaShooting
— Tomi Lahren (@TomiLahren) February 15, 2018
Her stance is particularly unsurprising, as this is often an argument Second Amendment champions bring up after mass shootings when people begin pushing for gun control. Considering there’s already been 18 school shootings this year alone (as in, since January 1), it makes people wonder: are we supposed to have this conversation?
But this time, Tomi received a powerful response from someone who had this issue close to their heart, because she was one of the students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School during the shooting.
A gun has killed 17 of my fellow classmates. A gun has traumatized my friends. My entire school, traumatized from this tragedy. This could have been prevented. Please stfu tomi https://t.co/qNo03ZE3Ev
— kyra (@longlivekcx) February 15, 2018
It’s no surprise that the tweet quickly went viral, gaining over 225,000 likes hours after it was posted. Yes, family and friends are grieving, but they are some of the most passionate about gun control, because they know firsthand what happens without it.
Kyra also responded to Trump’s tweet about the tragedy.
My prayers and condolences to the families of the victims of the terrible Florida shooting. No child, teacher or anyone else should ever feel unsafe in an American school.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 14, 2018
Fuck you. We don’t need your fucking prayers. GET BETTER GUN CONTROL. https://t.co/5JtH9wtJz5
— kyra (@longlivekcx) February 14, 2018
Seriously, can this girl be president? Because the rest of us are sick of grieving. To say that gun violence isn’t a problem in the U.S. is a gross understatement, and continuing to ignore it is killing more and more people every day. Yes, even children.
- Tidalwave Traffic Reseller Tidalwave Traffic Reseller
- INSTA BRANDING KIT (Personal) If You Can Point and Click With Your Mouse, Then You Can Create UNLIMITED-AMAZING Brand Identity in Minutes, Save You Time and Thousand of Dollars. ONLY If You Have This Tool!!
- FB Vidmatic Basic The All In One Video Launch Jacking App
- Shopi-Outsourcing Training Outsourcing Training
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)